It's that time of year again, time for decorating downtown Kirkland for the holidays, the annual effort by volunteers and the Kirkland Downtown Association. We need about 130 people on Saturday to put up wreaths and banners and other decorations.
This year should prove to be the most impressive we have ever had. I can't begin to tell you how many hours David DeBois at Banner Bank has put in. Everything is going to be so fabulous for our little ones and our shoppers!
- Who: Anyone over 14 years of age.
- When: Saturday, November 17th Time; 8:30 AM for coffee and pastries; 9 AM go out and decorate in groups of three to four. Food afterward from George's, at Merrill Gardens.
- Where: Meet at Merrill Gardens main lobby - 201 Kirkland Ave.
- When: 8:30 a.m, for coffee and pasties, then at 9 a.m. we'll out to decorate in groups of 3 to 4.
- Bring: Pliers, cutters, gloves, extension ladders, medium ladder, 1 large 'A' frame ladder, gloves, warm clothing and for those of you with sensitive ears don't forget the ear muffs.
- How many we need: 130.
On behalf of everyone in the KDA let me say thank you in advance for always coming through. Kirkland has the very best citizens ever and I always get a little teary eyed when I think about how you always come through. If you would like to join in on all this fun and get to know some of your neighbors better, just send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.