The Argosy Cruises Christmas Ships flotilla, a holiday tradition since 1949, will sail out of the Kirkland Marina downtown Dec. 13-16 and Dec. 20-23, with stops at several spots on the Lake Washington shoreline around town.
At least two Kirkland neighborhood groups are planning celebrations around the arrival of the Christmas Ships, including at O.O. Denny Park on Thursday, Dec. 13 (6:45 p.m.) at Juanita Beach on Sunday Dec. 16 (7 p.m.). The Finn Hill Neighborhood Alliance hosts a bonfire at O.O. Denny, and the Juanita Neighborhood Association will be handing out candy canes at hot cocoa at Juanita Beach.
Here is the full schedule. For details, see the Argosy Cruises Web page here.
- Dec. 13 - Leaves Kirkland Marina at 6:30 p.m., stopping at O.O. Denny at 7 p.m.
- Dec. 14 - Leaves Kirkland Marina at 6:30 p.m., stopping at Carillon Point at 6:45 p.m.
- Dec. 15 - Two sailings, leaving Kirkland Marina at 3:30 p.m., stopping at Houghton Beach at 5:30 p.m. and leaving the marina again at 8 p.m. with stops across the lake.
- Dec. 16 - Leaves Kirkland Marina at 5 p.m., stopping at Juanita Beach at 7 p.m.
- Dec. 20 - Leaves Kirkland Marina at 7 p.m. with stops at points outside of Kirkland.
- Dec. 21 - Leaves Kirkland Marina at 6:30 p.m. with stops at points outside of Kirkland.
- Dec. 22 - Two sailings, leaving Kirkland Marina at 3:45 and 8 p.m., and staying there for caroling at 3:55 p.m.
- Dec. 23 - Two sailings from Marina Park at 3:45 p.m. and 8 p.m., stopping at Waverly Beach at 4:45 p.m.