Editor's Note: The following is an announcement by the Kirkland Cultural Arts Commission.
Have you been dazzled by the commitment and accomplishments of an outstanding individual, business or organization for fostering a vibrant arts, culture and/or heritage community in Kirkland? Give them the recognition they deserve by nominating them for the 3rd annual Kirkland CACHET (Collaboration of Arts, Culture, Heritage, Education, and Theatre) Award!
Did you nominate someone or someplace deserving last year? Be sure to nominate them again as this could be their year. Filling out the nomination form is quick and easy. You can even nominate yourself.
All complete nomination forms must be submitted by noon on Friday, February 1. There may be multiple recipients and all nominees are honored at the event.
See below for more details and get those nominations in today. Download the form online: www.kirklandwa.gov on the Cultural Arts Commission page. Request a digital copy nomination form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, hard copies of the nomination form are available at: Kirkland City Hall, 123 Fifth Avenue, Kirkland, WA 98033 or the Kirkland Library, 308 Kirkland Avenue, Kirkland, WA 98033
There may be multiple recipients and all nominees are honored at the event. The CACHET Award is designed to recognize individuals, businesses, and organizations who significantly contribute to the Kirkland community in some or all of the following ways in the past year:
- Noticeably add to the artistic, cultural, or heritage environment of Kirkland through their actions.
- Actively foster and promote the value of enriching and supporting the arts, culture, or heritage locally.
- Enthusiastically advocate for a vibrant artistic, cultural, or heritage experience in Kirkland.
- Encourage others to contribute to the artistic, cultural, or heritage community in Kirkland.
- Provide and/or advocate for education and the active practice of the arts, culture, or heritage in Kirkland.
- Contribute to Kirkland’s reputation as an artistic, cultural, and heritage destination.
- Vigorously pursue artistic excellence in their own work and/or promote it in the work of others.
All nominations are due by Friday, February 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM and the recipient(s) will be announced at the CACHET Award event on the evening of Monday, March 11 at the Kirkland Performance Center. Please get those nominations in!