Kroger, the parent company of Fred Meyer and QFC, has issued a recall of five varieties of bread sold in the stores, saying that they may contain bits of plastic.
The alert page doesn't specify dates of sale, but a report from TDN.com indicates that several thousand loaves delivered to Northwest stores on Friday, Saturday, and Monday are being recalled because workers found plastic in the dough at a Clackamas bakery.
The following brands are affected by the recall:
- QFC TENDER TWIST WHEAT BREAD, 20 OZ;
- KROGER VALUE WHEAT BREAD, 22.5 OZ;
- FRED MEYER TENDER TWIST 100% WHOLE WHEAT BREAD, 24 OZ;
- FRED MEYER TENDER TWIST HONEY CRACKED WHEAT BREAD, 24 OZ;
- FRED MEYER TENDER TWIST WHEAT BREAD, 22.5 OZ