It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Kirkland Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars, restaurants and shops to explore.
- Where/When: 5 p.m. Fri, April 8 at Munchbar in Bellevue Square.
- Why Go: Come celebrate the first home game of the season with Mariners legend Edgar Martinez. He'll be on site to meet fans and to promote his new Tequila Mescal, "El Zacatecano."
- Pricing: No cover. Get there early, though; this event is sure to draw a crowd.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at in Kirkland.
- Why Go: You've seen him roast mega stars like Pamela Anderson, Hugh Hefner, Joan Rivers and most recently Donald Trump. Now the Roast Master General himself, Jeffrey Ross, is coming to Kirkland's Laughs Comedy Spot for two nights of nonstop laughter. Here's a YouTube clip of Ross's stand-up routine. Enjoy.
- Pricing: Tickets are $25 and $30. Hurry, though--this show will sell out!
- Where/When: 8 a.m. Sun, April 10 at .
- Why Go: Looking to push your fitness this weekend? Captain Jack's 8k on Sunday might be just the way to do it. The weather is supposed to be clear and it's all for a great cause. You may even see some pirates!
- Pricing: Registration is $35. There is no day-of-race registration. Register here. All net proceeds from Captain Jack's 8k will be donated to the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society.
- Where/When: 12 p.m. - 8 p.m. on the second Friday of every month in downtown Kirland.
- Why Go: It's finally starting to feel like spring in Kirkland! Here's your chance to get outside and take advantage of the good weather. The Kirkland Art Walk is a free, self-guided, public art tour throughout the local galleries downtown.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: Every Sunday beginning at 3 p.m., at the in Redmond.
- Why Go: Did you know Mack & Jack's is brewed here locally? It's true, the brewery is located just across the way in Redmond. Pay them a visit this Sunday and see how this delicious beer is made. You'll even get a few free samples!
- Cost: Free. All ages welcome, just bring ID if you want to sample the beer.