There are expected to be about 10,000 people enjoying the day's events, and many streets will be closed, so the city has provided information on the closures and encourages you to take the bus or carpool.
Also new this year, the fireworks barge will be shifted slightly south to reduce the stress on a pair of nesting Bald Eagles and their young. Audubon Society members will be on hand at the park with binoculars for people who want to get a glimpse.
The fireworks can be viewed from many locations along Kirkland's Lake Washington waterfront.
Here is the full day schedule from Celebrate Kirkland! (you can volunteer to help out, too, just follow this link to find out what the needs are before the day and on the day):
Children's Decorating Event at Marina Park Pavilion
Tattoos, flags, and tons of fun for the family
Children's walking parade begins at Market and Central (see map)
Old Fashioned Downtown parade starts at Market and Central
1:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Join all your friends and neighbors at Marina Park!
Food and sponsor vendors in the park or bring your own picnic
5:00 PM - FIREWORKS
Music in the Park
Fantastic Fireworks Display off of Marina Park with viewing from most downtown waterfront parks.
Tips for the Fireworks show
- The crowds will be huge …so please bring your patience.
- Fireworks Display in the waters off Marina Park begins at approximately 10:15 PM.
- It will be dark, so bring a Flashlight. No dogs are allowed and no alcohol is permitted in the parks.
- After the fireworks show, drivers will wait until the pedestrians are cleared from the park and traffic can move safely from the lot.
- Final reminder, personal fireworks are not legal in Kirkland, so be safe and sane and enjoy a fabulous fireworks display over the lake.
- The boat launch and boat launch parking will be closed between 10 a.m. and 1:30 for the parade, but then will be open until after midnight.