The following are selected case reports from the for the period of July 29-Aug. 4.
- A 72-year-old Kirkland woman reported from an address in the 200 block of 3rd Street in the East of Market neighorhood that her purse had been snatched while she was riding a Metro bus early in the afternoon. Police were not able to get any suspect information. The woman lost her purse, keys and undisclosed contents.
- A 35-year-old Everett man was arrested for simple assault after allegedly shoving a 31-year-old taxi driver from Tukwila into the car door at a Rose Hill location near 124th Ave NE and NE 85th Street, at about 7:30 p.m.
- After leaving the Rose Hill store at about 3:15 p.m. without paying for a package of pork jerky, a two-pack of tee-shirt bras and two packages of allergy medication, a 46-year-old Kirkland woman was arrested on theft charges.
- After running from police investigating a possible assault in the 1200 block of NE 124th in the Totem Lake area at 1:40 a.m., a 29-year-old man from Booneville, Miss., was arrested on obstruction charges.
- A clean-shaven man with black, spiked hair and fast hands conned a 19-year-old employee of a store on 124th Avenue NE in the Totem Lake area out of $102. He entered the store about 8 p.m. and asked for change for a twenty dollar bill, then pulled out different denominations to confuse the clerk. By the time she figured out what he was doing, he left with cash she apparently had given him. Police took surveillance video as evidence.
- Police arrested two 17-year-old juveniles, one from Bothell and the other from somewhere in Snohomish County, for possession of marijuana after contacting them in the 11,000 block of NE 132d Street in Juanita at about 7:30 p.m.
- A 40-year-old woman who lives near the Juanita store on NE 137th was arrested for theft after leaving the store at about 4:20 p.m. without paying for $30 worth of groceries.
- A 27-year-old transient from San Diego was arrested on simple assault charges after he allegedly grabbed the arms of two female pedestrians in the 2000 block of Market Street at about 10 p.m. Police reported the women were distressed and scared. Police had contacted the man earlier as was closing, asking him to leave.
- About $1,400 and 505 Euros in cash were taken from a residence in the 400 block of 5th Street in the East of Market neighborhood, a 29-year-old woman told police. The only potential suspect she could think of was a painter named Colin who was outside the residence the day before.
- After allegedly exposing himself to a 40-year-old Sammamish woman in the 300 block of Central Way downtown at about 2:30 p.m., a 43-year-old homeless man was arrested for indecent exposure.
- Police arrested a 17-year-old juvenile in the 900 block of Railroad Avenue in the Everest neighborhood after his 39-year-old mother told police he stole her purse and credit cards the previous evening, apparently from her residence in the 1100 block of 101st Place in Juanita.
- During work at a business on Kirkland Avenue downtown, someone in the early afternoon stole twenty dollar bills from the purse of a 24-year-old Mill Creek woman.
- Police cited a 19-year-old Kirkland man on a weapons charge after contacting him and another man walking along the railroad tracks in the Everest neighborhood at about 11 p.m. Police confiscated a pair of brass knuckles and a glass pipe.