The following are selected reports from the Kirkland Police Department for the period of Dec. 16-21.
- Police responded to two separate incidents in the early afternoon at Fairfax Hospital and school on NE 132nd in north Juanita, one involving a 12-year-old boy and the other a 15-year-old female. In the latter case, the 15-year-old was arrested for assault after she threatened to kill herself and then assaulted another student. In the other case the 12-year-old was arrested for assault after kicking his teacher in the groin. He was taken to the King County Youth Center.
- Sometime between midnight and 7 a.m. a thief stole an air compressor, car battery charger and a toolbox full of Craftsman wrenches from a shared storage shed along Lake Washington Boulevard near Carillon Point. The resident said the shed is shared among three neighbors and one of them must have left it unlocked.
- Three packages were stolen from the front porch of a residence in the 12800 block of NE 145th Street in Kingsgate sometime between Dec. 13 and Dec. 16, the resident told police. The parcels contained computer games and $100 in gifts cards to Amazon.com.
- A 17-year-old male was arrested at a home in the 10800 block of NE 121st in Juanita for simple assault and harassment after allegedly pinning his 20-year-old sister to the floor and holding a pair of scissors to her neck. He also apparently hit her with a remote in the noontime incident.
- After causing a disturbance at the Parkplace at about 2:45 p.m., throwing a drink bottle and pulling a knife out of his pocket, a 32-year-old Kirkland man was given a warning and signed a trespass letter barring him from the store for three years.
- Staff at the Rose Hill store called police at about 6 p.m to report they had apprehended a 25-year-old Kirkland man fleeing the store with $151 worth of Blue-ray movies. Apparently a science-fiction fan, the man was cited for third-degree theft after he tried to steal boxed sets of Back to the Future and Stars Wars.
- An unidentified woman apparently fled the north Juanita store after shoplifting more than $200 worth of items -- DVDs, make-up, push-pins, deodorant, etc. -- at about 9 p.m. Store staff did give police the make, model and license plate of the car the suspect left in, a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero.
- Unknown burglars fled a home in the 12300 block of NE 97th Street in the North Rose Hill neighborhood after busting in the front door and setting off an alarm at about 4 in the afternoon. The culprit ransacked jewelry boxes in the master bedroom, but left with nothing.