The following are selected reports from the Kirkland Police Department for the period of Dec. 27-Jan. 4.
- Some time between 2 p.m and 5:30 p.m., an unknown burglar drilled the lock on a glass sliding door to enter a home on 105th Avenue Northeast in north Juanita and steal photographic equipment. The victim was a 61-year-old man. Apparently no suspects were identified.
- Someone stole the rear license plate, and replaced it with another, from a 72-year-old Kirkland woman’s vehicle while it was parked at the South Kirkland Park and Ride on 38th Place. It happened between 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- A house of a 47-year-old woman who lives on 119th Avenue in the Rose Hill/Bridle Trails area was broken into at an undisclosed time, the thief taking her purse. She lost some prescription medication, credit/debit cards and checkbook. She closed all her accounts. Police found no suspect information.
- On New Year’s Eve between 5:19 p.m. and 7 p.m., a 25-year-old Shelton man allegedly grabbed a Bose stereo system and tried to run out of the Rose Hill . The man got away, but his caper was caught on surveillance video and police caught him later during a patrol in the area. He was arrested and charged with third-degree theft.
- Two unknown men stole a donation jar from the counter of a gas station in Houghton on 68th Street at about 2:45 p.m. They got away, but the theft was captured on surveillance video.
- Police arrested a 27-year-old Rose Hill man on a felony warrant for escaping from community custody, at about 2:22 a.m. During a search, police also discovered two vials of what appeared to be formaldehyde and sent them to the State Patrol crime lab to test for narcotics.
- About $30,000 worth of coins and jewelry were stolen from a house in the 10000 block of 131st Place on North Rose Hill some time between mid-October and Jan. 2, the 65-year-old male resident told police. The burglar or burglars forced their way into the house and took a coin collection, gold Krugerrands, a gold bracelet, gold cuff links, a silver and gold bracelet and other jewelry.
- A blue and silver Mongoose mountain bike was stolen from a residence in the 14300 block of 123rd Avenue N.E. in Kingsgate sometime in December, a 19-year-old female resident told police.
- Police arrested a 14-year-old Kirkland male for allegedly shoving to the ground and injuring a 63-year-old male school bus driver at or near in the Kingsgate area around 1 p.m. The youth was leaving the bus at the time, was arrested on third-degree assault charges and later released to his father.