The following information is selected from Kirkland Police reports for Feb. 1-3. Where an arrest is noted, it does not indicate a conviction.
Friday, Feb. 1
- Someone stole a Honda Accord that also had a Smith & Wesson 99 in it, complete with two loaded magazines, from the 12900 block of 126th Ct. NE.
- Police responded to the Compton Meadow condos, where someone had smashed out a window to get into the cabana, and stole food, including chips, Coke, and juice boxes.
Saturday, Feb. 2
- A resident of the 12300 block of 101st Ct NE reported to police that his cars were broken into and several items stolen, including a coffee maker with $200 worth of imported coffee and an iPad. The thief got into the cars by cutting the front passenger door lock out. The same weekend, police took reports of several other cars that had had the front door locks punched out.
- A Kirkland man reported that overnight someone took a cinder block from his yard and used it to smash the rear window out of his Toyota Highlander. Nothing was stolen from the car.
Sunday, Feb. 3
- Two Kirkland men, aged 30 and 33, were arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and attempted 3rd degree assault after they began fighting in the Tikki Bar, then taking the fight outside around 1:30 a.m.