The following are selected reports from the Kirkland Police Department for the period of Aug. 3-8. The reports do not indicate a conviction.
- Police caught up with a 47-year-old Seattle man who jumped on a Metro bus after allegedly stealing three cans of Four Loco, a caffeinated alcoholic drink, from a gas station on 116th Avenue NE in the Totem Lake area. Police found the man on the bus after the theft at 7:50 a.m. and arrested him for shoplifting.
- The purse belonging to a 29-year-old Kirkland woman was snatched when she left it on a table unattended at a pub on Juanita’s 120th Place at about 4 p.m. She lost a smart phone, credit/debit cards and the purse.
- The windshield was broken overnight on a car belonging to a 21-year-old woman who lives at an apartment complex on 125th Lane in the Totem Lake. She told police she thought it was done by another resident, since the car was parked in a spot reserved for another unit. The apartment manager was contacted, however, and insisted that resident would never do anything like that.
- Two cameras, a Playstation system and an iMac computer with two external hard drives were stolen when an unknown burglar entered the unlocked back door of a Kingsgate area home on 116th Avenue NE between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m. The 42-year-old male resident provided a serial number on the computer, but police found no evidence at the scene.
- Police arrested a 38-year-old Kent man for malicious mischief when he allegedly punched out the rear window of a parked car during a disturbance at Lakeshore Plaza downtown just after midnight. The owner of the car was not identified, but there were two witnesses, a 30-year-old Everett man and a 33-year-old Seattle man.
- An unknown suspect opened the garage door of a house on Finn Hill’s 82nd Avenue NE between 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. and stole two Diamondback Cobra boys bicycles. The theft was reported by the 54-year-old male resident.
- Caught allegedly trying to get into a Honda Del Sol at a house on Finn Hill just after midnight, an 18-year-old Juanita man was found hiding in the bushes by police and arrested for vehicle prowling. The suspect was seen by a neighbor, a 46-year-old woman, trying to get inside the car parked at the NE 115th Place home of the owner, a 70-year-old man. Police found a “shaved key” in the suspect’s pocket. The suspect’s brother, 22, and two 18-year-old women from Snohomish were apparently waiting for him in a car, but were not arrested.
Kirkland Police Department contact information:
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: 425-577-5656.