The following are selected reports from the Kirkland Police Department for the period of Jan. 3-7. The reports do not indicate a conviction.
- A U-Haul manager reported the theft of a 5x8 open-top trailer sometime between Nov. 15 and Dec. 31. The license plate number for the stolen trailer is 4KA2862 (California).
- An unknown person stole a wallet and unsuccessfully attempted to use the victim's credit card.
- A property manager at the Villa Juanita Apartments, 14300 block of Simmons Road Northeast, discovered a broken window in a vacant unit.
- An unknown person(s) smashed out a window and stole two laptops, an iPad and insurance information from a vehicle in the 8600 block of 120th Avenue Northeast.
- An unknown male stole two bottles of Jack Daniels and three cases of Corona beer from the Rose Hill Safeway. Total estimated value is around $170.
- A woman reported her home in the 13200 block of Holmes Point Drive Northeast was burglarized sometime between 12:50 and 3:50 p.m. Access was gained via a pried-open basement door. Sterling silver necklaces were stolen.
- A 28-year-old Bothell man was arrested on suspicion of trespassing.
- A 27-year-old Kenmore man and a 25-year-old Bothell woman were arrested on outstanding warrants. The female suspect was found to be in possession of a legend drug without a prescription.
- A resident reported a burglary at his home in the 12200 block of Northeast 105th Street. An unknown person broke a first-floor window to gain entry to the residence, then stole two flat-screen TVs and dozens of DVDs.
- A man reported mail and two packages valued at $65 were stolen from the front of his residence in the 400 block of 5th Avenue South while he was out of town in December.
- Two 16-year-olds attempted to steal a bottle of Smirnoff vodka from the North Juanita Safeway.
- A pressure washer and lawn mower were reported stolen from a home that's under construction.
- A 25-year-old Kirkland man was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence after hiding from police inside his residence in the 7300 block of 132nd Avenue Northeast. His roommate, a 28-year-old man, was also arrested after allegedly obstructing officers on scene and providing false statements about the suspect's whereabouts.
- A car window was broken out in the 6200 block of Lake Washington Boulevard.
- A skateboard and golf clubs were stolen from the trunk of an unlocked vehicle parked overnight in the 10000 block of 126th Avenue Northeast. Loss was estimated at $2,718.
- A Monroe man reported his unlocked vehicle was prowled while parked in the 11800 block of 102nd Place Northeast. Stolen items include keys, checkbooks, an iPod, credit cards and vehicle registration. One credit card was used at QFC and Fred Meyer in Kirkland.
- A white iPhone 4 was reported stolen from the girls' locker room at Lake Washington High School.
For tips from the Kirkland Police Department for preventing car prowl thefts click here.
Kirkland Police Department contact information:
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: 425-577-5656