The following are selected reports from the Kirkland Police Department for the period of Aug. 16-22. The reports do not indicate a conviction.
- A 50-year-old Kirkland woman was arrested at the Rose Hill Costco after allegedly trying to shoplift DVDs and HP printer cartridges.
- A 55-year-old resident reported a window was shot with a BB in the 13500 block of 90th Ave. N.E.
- A resident in the same 13500 block of 90th Ave. N.E. reported that someone threw or slung a marble through the family room window, making a hole the size of a baseball but not breaking the second single pane of the window.
- Someone damaged a steel door and stole Monster Rehab energy drinks and cigarettes from Cigar Land in the 11700 block of 124th Ave. N.E.
- A 55-year-old Kirkland man reported that his Rockrider mountain bike was stolen from his carport in the 11200 block of N.E. 109th Lane sometime overnight. It was locked up.
- A 54-year-old Kirkland man reported that a Honda outboard trawling motor was stolen from a garage in the 300 block of Second Ave. S. sometime between Aug. 11 and Aug. 19.
- A 30-year-old Kenmore man was arrested in front of Olive You on Kirkland Avenue after allegedly punching a woman in the mouth.
- A 46-year-old Kirkland man reported that two Amazon packages with about $200 in kitchen items were stolen from his porch in the 100 block of Sixth Avenue between 4:50 p.m. and 6:45 p.m.
- A 24-year-old Kirkland man was arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure after a woman reported that he exposed himself at the Kirkland Pool.
- The manager at The Slip restaurant on Kirkland Avenue reported that a plank table and barstool were broken sometime overnight.
- A 19-year-old man was arrested at Fairfax Hospital after he allegedly punched the on-duty charge nurse.
- A 29-year-old Lake Stevens woman was arrested on suspicion of DUI in the 800 block of Kirkland Way after a witness reported her hitting three parked vehicles and almost causing a head-on collision. Police said her blood-alcohol concentration was measured at 0.151 and 0.156, nearly twice the legal limit.
- A 49-year-old homeless man was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting wine from Bartell Drugs on Northeast 68th Street. He was taken to Evergreen Hospital Medical Center for treatment of a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.33.
- A 44-year-old Kirkland man reported that the driver's side window of his Pontiac Vibe was broken sometime overnight in the 9000 block of N.E. Juanita Drive. Nothing was stolen.
- A 63-year-old Kirkland man reported that his home was broken into in the the 14000 block of 82nd Place N.E. The entry and rear bedroom windows were smashed and the bedroom was ransacked.
Kirkland Police Department contact information:
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: 425-577-5656.