The following are selected reports from the Kirkland Police Department for the period of April 27-May 2. The reports do not indicate a conviction.
- Two flat-screen televisions were stolen overnight from the unlocked gym room of an apartment complex on Lake Washington Boulevard south of Carillon Point. Police did recover surveillance video.
- Nine irrigation pumps, fishing gear, sunglasses and a boat seat worth a total of about $3,5000 were stolen from a car while it was parked overnight in front of the Lakeview area residence of a 44-year-old man on NE 45th Street. It appears the thief pried open the back swing-door of the car, a Mini Cooper. The victim drove the car all day after the theft, and police recovered no fingerprints and had no suspects.
- A diamond wedding ring, a checkbook and a bag of quarters were stolen in a forced-entry burglary at a residence on 136th Place in north Juanita while the 66- and 65-year-old residents were away overnight.
- A house on Rose Hill’s 132nd Avenue near 80th Street was broken into through the front door and ransacked some time between 3:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m., but the 93-year-old resident found nothing stolen.
- A few minutes after a residential burglary nearby at about 11 p.m., police questioned an 18-year-old Kirkland man walking along 134th Street on Finn Hill. They found no connection with the burglary, but the man turned over a small amount of marijuana and a glass pipe. He was arrested, taken to the police station and booked, then released with a citation.
- Police contacted a 24-year-old Kirkland man and a 28-year-old Kirkland woman just before 6 a.m. at the Evergreen Hospital complex and arrested the man on an outstanding warrant from Seattle. During a search, he was found with stolen property pertaining to another case. He was arrested on the warrant and a trespass charge. The report listed Evergreen as the victim.
- A wallet containing credit/debit cards and a driver’s license was stolen from the purse of a 38-year-old woman from Pullman who was attending an evening function at Lakeview Elementary School in Houghton. Police found no leads.
Kirkland Police Department contact information:
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: 425-577-5656.