The following are selected reports from the Kirkland Police Department for the period of July 19-24. The reports do not indicate a conviction.
- Apparently caught trying to steal a wallet containing $69 cash from a shopper at the Costco store on Rose Hill, a 51-year-old Kirkland woman was arrested on a charge of third-degree theft, pickpocketing. The incident occurred at about 5:15 p.m., and the victim as a 50-year-old Bellevue woman. The wallet and money were returned to the owner. The suspect was taken into custody and told she would face trespass charges if she returned to the store anytime for the next three years.
- In an apparent case of road rage, a 50-year-old Bothell man called police to say he was punched in the face along Totem Lake Boulevard by the driver of a truck with the markings of a national business ethernet provider. The victim got the license number of other vehicle, and police determined the 48-year-old driver from Marysville worked for the Seattle office of the company. The assault, at about 11:30 a.m., was witnessed by a 23-year-old man from New Orleans. The victim did not wish to press charges, but wanted police to find out why the man punched him.
- Two unidentified men stole about $40 from a tip jar at a downtown coffee shop in Central Way when the 25-year-old female employee, from Redmond, turned away. The barista did not have a good description of the pair or the direction they fled. Police patrolled the area after the theft, at about 3 p.m., but found no suspects.
- Police arrested a 35-year-old Kirkland man on assault and disorderly conduct charges after he allegedly spit on a 16-year-old woman and tried to pick a fight with a 21-year old Kirkland man at the transit center on 3rd Street downtown. The incident started at about 8:40 p.m. and ended when police arrived 50 minutes later.
- After accidentally leaving her wallet in a dressing room at the Totem Lake Ross Dress for Less store, a 41-year-old Kirkland woman returned to find it gone. The woman lost an undisclosed amount of cash. It happened at about 1:15 p.m., and there were no suspects.
- Sometime 9 p.m. and 3 a.m, an unknown thief entered a residence in the 12000 block of NE 92nd Street on north Rose Hill and stole an iPod, $17 cash and a water bottle. The 53-year-old male resident and his wife apparently slept through the theft. They told police they thought the thief might have come in through their son’s bedroom window. There are no suspects.
- A 35-year-old Kirkland woman lost $200 in gift cards, an undisclosed amount of cash and checks made out to her and a credit card when an unknown thief stole her wallet from her purse during a children’s concert at Marina Park downtown. It happened just after noon.
- Two Kirkland residents reported thefts from their mailboxes, one overnight in the 10300 block of NE 103rd Place on north Rose Hill and the other sometime between July 19-24 in the 7200 block of 132nd Ave NE on south Rose Hill. In the latter case the 50-year-old female victim thought credit card statements might have been stolen.
Kirkland Police Department contact information:
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: 425-577-5656.