The following are selected reports from the Kirkland Police Department for the period of March 24-28.
- A wallet was stolen from a shopping cart at the Fred Meyer store in the Totem Lake area while a 35-year-old woman from King County was putting her child in a car seat. She lost credit cards, $11 in cash and the wallet.
- A 30-year-old man from Bothell was detained by Kirkland police and then placed under arrest by King County police on suspicion of second-degree robbery (strong-arm) after he allegedly left the state liquor store in Juanita with some liquor.
- Three juvenile females were caught by security at the Rose Hill Costco store attempting to steal jeans. Store management did not want to press charges, but issued a trespass letter to the three and released them to one of the girls’ mothers.
- A 31-year-old Bellevue woman was arrested on third-degree theft and drug-possession charges after she was allegedly caught shoplifting at the Coscto store on Rose Hill and police found marijuana and Oxycodin pills in her car and purse. She claimed she had a prescription for the pills.
- An intoxicated 15-year-old Kirkland youth was released to his mother after being observed vomiting in the 900 block of Sixth Street in the Norkirk neighborhood. His blood alcohol level tested at .127.
- Police arrested two youths (ages 13 and 14) for malicious mischief after a 26-year-old Lynnwood man reported witnessing them behind some apartments in south Kirkland breaking a street lamp with a stick.
- A 25-year-old Kirkland woman was arrested for identity theft (fraud) after allegedly going to Evergreen Hospital and seeking treatment she did not require.
- A 50-year-old resident of 18th Avenue West in the Market Street neighborhood told police that fraudulent activity on his debit card was rung up to the tune of $450. Three transactions were made at a Target store and one at a Walgreens store, the man said, adding that the card account had been closed. There was no information on who might have made the charges.
- A 50-year-old woman and 49-year-old man at a residence on Rose Hill’s Northeast 120th Street reported to police that the woman’s 49-year-old sister had assaulted them during an argument in the early morning hours. Police took photos and a statement, but were not able to immediately contact the suspect.
Police arrested a 48-year-old woman at a residence on 121st Lane Northeast in Juanita on suspicion of fourth-degree domestic violence after she allegedly kicked her husband in the shin. The victim said the suspect suffers from a mental illness.