Editor's Note: The following is a press release from the City of Kirkland.
Commuters should expect traffic delays resulting from Wednesday’s Fourth of July Parade. The Lakeshore Parking Lot will be closed from 9:30 a.m. until approximately 11 p.m. The Fourth of July Parade, picnic, and fireworks attract more than 10,000 attendees to the area. For event information, go to www.celebratekirkland.org. For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at 425-587-3347.
The following roads will be closed and detours in place from 9:30 a.m. until the parade ends at approximately 1:30 p.m.:
- 6th, 5th, and 4th Avenues from 1st Street to Market Street
- 5th Avenue W from Waverly Way to Market Street
- Waverly Way from 4th Street W to Market Street
- 2nd & 3rd Street W from 5th Ave W to Waverly Way
- Market Street from 7th Avenue to Central Way
- Lake Avenue W
- 1st Street from 3rd Avenue to Central Way
- 2nd Place from 3rd Avenue to Central Way
- Central Way from Market Street to Main Street
- Park Lane from Lake Street to Main Street
- Kirkland Avenue from Lake Street to Main Street
- Main Street from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue
- Lake Street from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue
- From Central Way: Head north on 3rd Street, west on 7th Avenue, north on Market Street
- From Lake Street S: Head east on 2nd Avenue S, north on State Street S, continue north on 3rd Street, west on 7th Avenue, north on Market Street
- From Central Way/NE 85th Street: Head south on 6th Street, west on Kirkland Way, continue west on Kirkland Avenue, south on State Street S, west on 2nd Avenue S, south on Lake Street S.
- From Market Street: Head east on 7th Avenue, south on 6th Street, west on Kirkland Way, continue west on Kirkland Avenue, south on State Street S, west on 2nd Avenue S, south on Lake Street S.