Looking for a better way to discipline?
Youth Eastside Services now offers classes using the positive parentingapproach recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
In this series, parents will learn how to:
- Understand how personality and temperament differences affect your family.
- Support your child’s developmental stage.
- Improve cooperation around your child’s chores and homework.
- Defuse power struggles by learning how to validate the emotions in your family.
- Reduce sibling rivalry by helping everyone feel valued.
- Communicate so both you and your child feel listened to and understood.
- Teach your child necessary life skills and that mistakes are opportunities to learn.
- Use encouragement to help build your bond with your child.
- Explore the use of family meetings as a way to reduce conflict.
- Use mutual respect and see behavior improve.
- Be kind and firm at the same time.