So we are posting some pictures of one of our favorite local walks, at Lewis Creek Park in Bellevue, and also inviting you to post your walk pictures and videos--or heck, just great photos of your magnificent mutts--to this now-open blog.
What that means to you
Just sign in with your free Patch account, click on this blog, and look for the "post" button at the top of the stream. Then, share away! You are now part of Minnie's pack and you can share your favorite walks, or just a great picture of your best friend (of course we'd all love to know where the pic was taken and your adorable dog's story if you care to share).
What Minnie loves about Lewis Creek Park
- It offers both a 1/2-mile loop around the wetlands and interesting bark-laden paths with hills, dips, and lots of great animal smells.
- Pooping in the woods! (Mom always is prepared to pick it up, of course, and there are plenty of disposal receptacles in the park.)
- Usually not too busy for a shy pup, but often at least a dog or two to sniff-'n'-greet.
- Wildlife! My favorite day was getting to add my Bobcat sighting to the map at the Lewis Creek Visitor Center. (see photos and see if you can spot the Bobcat).
- There are great toy structures at the park--my son loves the park, too.
- A new picnic area just below the wetlands, plus a wheelchair accessible picnic table just around the corner on the boardwalk.
- Great programs for children and adults (including the super-fun owl prowl at night with flashlights--getting kids in the woods=awesome), plus movie and book talk series.
- On this walk, we heard someone ask all the kids on the playground if they were ready for cake--nature-themed birthday parties, yay!
- Rose hips the size of your eyeball!
- Basketball, baseball, and soccer facilities-truly a great local park.
Editor's note: If you want to post and have trouble, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 425-394-3506 and I will be more than happy to walk you through it by phone or at a local dog park!