The sixth annual Covey Run, which includes a 10k race, a 5k Run/Walk and a Kids Dash, hits the starting line this Saturday, Aug. 18, beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Fun for the whole family, the run/walk winds its way through Woodinville's scenic wine country, starting and finishing at the Redhook Brewery. Food and drink, kid's activities, live music and more round out the day's events.
Presented by the Run for Children’s Guild, proceeds from the event benefit uncompensated care at Seattle Children’s Hospital, which ensures quality care to all children in the Northwest regardless of their ability to pay. More than 1,400 participants are expected this year.
Held in conjunction with the Auction of Washington Wines celebration, The Covey Run has contributed more than $300,000 to Seattle Children’s Hospital. Visit http://www.runforchildrens.org/Home.html for more details.
- 6:30 AM: Onsite registration & bib pickup begins
- 8:00 AM: Covey Run 10K starts
- 8:15 AM: 5K Run/Walk starts
- 9:20 AM: Kids Dash
- 9:30 AM: Awards Ceremony
- 10:00 AM: Redhook Brewery opens
- 11:00 AM: Post event Festival ends
- The race will start & finish at the Redhook Ale Brewery, located at 14300 NE 145th Street, Woodinville
--Information from Seattle Children's Hospital.